Our college popularly known as "C. D. Jain College" is one of the flourishing branch of the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha. It is located at Shrirampur which is a new township, developed and progressed basically as a business town. From 1940 to 1960 it was nationally known as "Gur" market and from 1960s as a "Sugar" Market. It has rail and road links with other major towns and cities. A number of sugar factories and small industries has sprouted in the vicinity. Businessmen of varied religions have flocked to this town and therefore it has a cosmopolitan. This town is now becoming famous for its hospitals and various medical services. The local traders and intelligentsia naturally felt the need of a college imparting commerce education. Rayat Shikshan Sanstha took an appropriate decision in June 1962 and established a single faculty Commerce College at Shrirampur.